History of FEWA SACCO
FEWA Sacco was registered in 2009 under the Co-operative Society’s Act of the Laws of Kenya.
It was established to help women entrepreneurs’ access affordable credit with great ease. It is an offshoot of FEWA (Federation of Women Entrepreneurs Association) which has a rich membership of up to 100,000 member strong organizations. The desire of FEWA Sacco is to inspire and empower women and be the most significant contributor to the success of women entrepreneurs in Africa
Vision: “To become the most significant contributor to the success of women entrepreneurs in Africa”
Mission: To provide access to financial and technical assistance to all member women entrepreneurs at an affordable cost in a dynamic manner through associations.
Objectives of FEWA Sacco:
- To promote the welfare and economic interest of each member through viable investments and commercial undertaking with the cooperative principles and prevailing laws
- To promote thrift among members by affording them an opportunity for accumulating their shares and deposits and to create thereby a source of funds from which loans can be made available to the members. The funds are made available at a fair and reasonable rate of interest
- To provide an opportunity for each of its members to improve her respective economic and social condition
- To offer the members complementary savings and credit services and other financial products as may be required by the members.
- To ensure progress of the members by educating and enlightening them continuously on proper use of credit facility. There shall be atleast one education and campaign day per year.
- Soliciting funds for members to borrow on favorable terms
- Network with similar organizations nationally, regionally and internationally for the benefit of the Sacco members
- To provide advisory services to the members in matters pertaining to viable investment, credit availability on favorable terms, suitable programs and markets for the products
Our Core valuesand principles include and not limited to:
Motto: Our motto is to “provide financial solutions to women entrepreneurs”